Week 8: Revising Goals & Standards
Objectives Weekly Activities Homework (complete by Week 9)
Discuss perfectionism and the value/challenge of lowering standards.
Share progress to goals and goals for next week (Usually 15 min/person)
- Begin the week with a Weekly Planning session.
- Write every day (30 mins) use the timer, and complete your daily writing log.
- Reward yourself for writing every day.
- Continue to name your sources of resistance as part of your daily log.
- Purposely lower one standard every day (cannot be personal hygiene or sleep).
- Watch: Ocampo, "How to Engage in Healthy Conflict." (Webinar, 1:09).
- Supporting document, "Relationships, Conflict, and Power." (Table, 1 page).
- Guiding Questions:
- Write about one source of conflict are you experiencing in your professional life where either time, positionality, or power differentials make difficult to address.
- In which contexts do you benefit from a power differential, and in which contexts do power differentials put you at a disadvantage (discursive, economic, etc.)?
- What “best practices” do you usually use to resolve conflict?
- What triggers make those “best practices” hard to observe?
- Roquemore, "Pick your Battles." NCFDD (Blog, 3 pages).