Week 9: Establishing a Sustainable Practice
Homework (complete by Week 10)
- Begin your week with a planning session.
- Write every day (at least 30 minutes), and complete your daily check-in.
- Give yourself a reward every day.
- Lower one standard each day (cannot be personal hygiene or sleep).
- Watch: From Project to Publication—Flow: Finding (and Keeping!) Joy in Academic Writing and Research (Webinar, 1:08).
- Guiding Questions:
- What projects have you lost touch with that you need to revisit, revive, or let go?
- If you decide to let something go, write about the new direction you'll be taking that gives meaning to your work at this point in your career.
Optional Materials and Modalities:
- NCFDD, "The Second Book Project." Professoring (Podcast, 44 minutes).
- Roquemore, "Post-Tenure Pathways." (Blog, 2.5 pages).