Week 7: Self Care
Objectives Weekly Activities
Homework for Next Week
- Discuss self care challenges, practices, and sleep rituals.
- Share progress to goals and goals for the following week (15 mins/person).
- Start the week with your weekly planning session.
- Write every day (at least 30 minutes, use the timer, and check out, including a reflection on what you've accomplished.
- Reward yourself (a walk, a call with a friend, etc.
- Maintain your practice of naming resistance in your log.
- Watch Hanasono, "Overcoming Academic Perfectionism." (Webinar, 1:04).
- Guiding Questions:
- Identify 1-2 characteristics that mark you as a perfectionist. What have been some of the consequences of these behaviors?
- What are 1-2 strategies you can commit to TODAY to address them?
- Optional Materials + Modalities:
- "Imposter Syndrome: How to Recognize it, Overcome it, and Realize your Academic Goals." (Webinar, 1:17).
- NCFDD, "NCFDD, Positive Writing Affirmations." (Handout, 4 pages).
- Pickens, "How to Manage Chronic Illness and Academic Life." (Webinar, 1:10).
- Grange-Isaacson, "We Are All in This Together: Exposing the Myth of Meritocracy." The Professor Is In (Blog, 4 pages).
- Wolf-Wendel, "Strategies for Academics Managing Careers and Caretaking." (Presentation Slide, 1 page).
- Maki, "Women's Brain Health at Mid Life." (Infographic, cited from www.alz.org, 1 page).