Write Your Way Through Graduate School: An Online Writing Center Webinar for new and incoming University College students
with Dr. Aubrey Schiavone
Want to brush up on some of the writing habits and strategies that can help you to approach the writing assignments in your graduate courses with confidence?Participants will learn strategies for approaching the more complex writing that graduate school requires.
Originally recorded on Wednesday, January 27, 12pm MST via Zoom & Monday, February 1, 5pm MST via Zoom
Purdue Graduate Writing Guide
According to the Purdue Online Writing Lab Website:
"The purpose of this Purdue Writing Lab guide is to aid faculty across the university in supporting both domestic and international graduate students as writers. It explores the context of graduate student writing and includes strategies for providing feedback and for supporting students' development as scholars in their field of study. The strategies are contextualized in current research."
Although this guide is written for faculty, we think graduate students might also find it helpful.
- The Big One: Write Right podcast on writing a dissertation (TAMU)
- Writing conference, thesis, and dissertation proposals (Penn State)
- Free e-book on writing and presenting your thesis or dissertation (Michigan State)
- Dissertation calculator planning tool (U of Minnesota)
- PhinisheD discussion and support group for dissertators