OLLI Thrives Because of its Volunteers! Here's how to volunteer to be a Class Assistant!
Class Assistant Resources
Online Class Assistant Workshop
Please join us as we review the class assistant duties during this Zoom.
Wednesday, 9/7/2022 10 am - 11 am
Zoom Class Assistant Workshop
Ideal for all members who will be serving as a class assistant for an online course
Covers: The roles and responsibilities of an online class assistant: how to admit class members from the waiting room; how to assist members with muting/unmuting and stopping/starting their camera; how to monitor and save the chat; how to remind participants about “renaming,” and the use of the reactions feature; and how to assist the facilitator by monitoring hands raised.
In-Person Class Assistants
Thank you for volunteering to be an In-Person Class Assistant. OLLI thrives because of its volunteets.
Each Site Manager will provide responsibilities per faciliy requirements. Your assistance is crucial in providing an enjoyable learning experience for all members.
Covid 19 and In-Person Classes
We do not expect you to be an enforcer. Please become familiar with our policies and the policy of the facility so you can kindly ask members to comply.
.Highlights from the Covid-19 policy include:
- Vaccinations are recommended for OLLI members attending in-person classes.
- At the current time, it is not required that all OLLI DU members wear a face covering at all times while indoors at OLLI-sponsored classes and events. This may change as the positivity rate rises and drops and our facilities adjust. We will keep you advised.
- It is recommended that all OLLI DU members who are unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated should maintain social distancing (6-foot distancing from others not in their household) while attending in-person classes and when meeting in common areas wherever feasible.
- While in the classroom, there can be no food or open beverage containers.
- If you do not feel well, PLEASE stay home and get tested. If you test POSITIVE, please report this information to OLLIReportCovid@DU.EDU for contact tracing purposes