The phenom of the fecund lab
The Sher lab has produced many babies over the years, including a particularly fecund period that produced 6 births in two years (including both graduate students and DBG research staff). It is such a common phenomenon that when someone says they have an announcement at our lab meeting (male or female)- the first guess is, "Are you pregnant?!"
The babies born and to whom while being supervised by Dr. Sher:
1. 2006 Michelle's Katie (now with two siblings)
2. 2007 Anna's Jeremy
3. 2007 Maggie's Althea (now with two siblings)
4. 2007 Michelle's Ella (now with younger brother)
5. 2008 Jenny's Sophie (now with younger sister)
6. 2009 Courtney's Elsa (with older and younger brothers now)
7. 2009 Stephanie's Ellawin (now with younger brother)
8. 2013 Darin's Coen
9. 2015 Joe's Kody
10. 2017 Annie's Alex
Kodiac, Joe Statwick's son, born in 2015
Jenny and Sophie
Jenny, associate director at Denver Botanic Gardens (now director), and her Daughter Sophie (born August 2008).
Michelle Cederborg (now Ohrtman) doing field work 7 months pregnant summer of 2006.
Stephanie S.'s second baby with Elawyn as proud big sister.