Course Substitutions

  • Occasionally, a student may have previously taken courses comparable to required courses. The student may petition the Graduate Committee to waive a required course in such a situation.

    Per University policy, no substitutions are allowed for the three Required Core courses in the MEPC degree. Additionally, no more than 10 credit hours may be transferred from another University.

    Any course substitutions must be approved by the student’s advisor and the Graduate Committee in the Department of Media, Film & Journalism Studies. To request a substitution, the student must submit a request in writing to the Graduate Director stating the request, with details of his or her previous experience or related coursework. The Graduate Committee may request additional documentation, including course syllabi, to make a decision on any such petitions.

This portfolio last updated: 19-Oct-2021 10:51 AM