As part of the transition to Digication, Portfolio is going away! Portfolio will be fully decommissioned on July 1, 2024. As of July 1, 2023, there will be a new content freeze in Portfolio. You will not be able to add new pieces of content to your personal or organizational Portfolio. Existing content is still editable. Please continue to migrate your existing content from Portfolio to Digication. For more information about Digication, click here. For a discussion of options for transitioning your content on Portfolio, click here. To learn more about using Digication in your courses, click here.

Jackie Shi

• Hometown: Shenzhen, China

Degree in progress: Ph.D., Research Methods and Statistics,
    with a concentration in Institutional Research

Previous degrees: Master’s degree, Communications & Technology (Georgetown University)

What inspired you to choose RMS as a field of study?

RMS is a great program that not only trains data masters, but also innovative thinkers, in applying valid and appropriate research methods to solve today's complex problems.

What are your research interests?

I am driven by technology and numbers with a cause. My current research interests include mixed methods research on public opinion, and advanced modeling for big data in education, business, and the public sectors.

What are your professional and/or academic goals?

Prior to my Ph.D. study, I was an IT consultant and Data Analyst for several non-profit organizations in the Washington, D.C. area. I want to continue to provide data and information services for all levels of clients with high standards and diplomacy.  

Please list any professional activities/organizations that you are involved in.

I am a member of the American Evaluation Association and the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators.

This portfolio last updated: 30-Jan-2023 4:33 PM