As part of the transition to Digication, Portfolio is going away! Portfolio will be fully decommissioned on July 1, 2024. As of July 1, 2023, there will be a new content freeze in Portfolio. You will not be able to add new pieces of content to your personal or organizational Portfolio. Existing content is still editable. Please continue to migrate your existing content from Portfolio to Digication. For more information about Digication, click here. For a discussion of options for transitioning your content on Portfolio, click here. To learn more about using Digication in your courses, click here.

Taylor Hinton

• Hometown: Fort Collins, CO

Degree in progress: Master’s degree, Research Methods and Statistics

Previous degrees: Bachelor’s degree, Psychology (with a minor in Neuroscience, University of Central Arkansas)

What inspired you to choose RMS as a field of study?

During my last year of undergrad, I became a lab assistant for an Evolutionary Psychology lab. I fell in love with research and wanted to learn more about it in any way I could. I was frustrated with the lack of methodological and statistical course offerings at my undergraduate university and found that the skills needed most in the lab were not ones we had learned in any coursework.  I thought DU’s program would be the perfect way for me to enhance such skills and fill the gaps in my knowledge. 

What are your research interests?

My research interests are behavioral and Comparative Neuroscience, Evolutionary Psychology, Behavioral Genetics. 

What are your professional and/or academic goals?

Since I was unable to do a thesis in my research field, I’m pursuing a Master of Research next fall in Human Evolution and Behavior. After that, I plan to pursue a Ph.D. in Behavioral Neuroscience. Ultimately, I would like to run a Behavioral Neuroscience lab at a research-focused university and teach at the college level.

Please list any professional activities/organizations that you are involved in.

I am a member of the NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychological Society. 

This portfolio last updated: 30-Jan-2023 4:33 PM