As part of the transition to Digication, Portfolio is going away! Portfolio will be fully decommissioned on July 1, 2024. As of July 1, 2023, there will be a new content freeze in Portfolio. You will not be able to add new pieces of content to your personal or organizational Portfolio. Existing content is still editable. Please continue to migrate your existing content from Portfolio to Digication. For more information about Digication, click here. For a discussion of options for transitioning your content on Portfolio, click here. To learn more about using Digication in your courses, click here.

Sydney Hindin

• Hometown: Park City, Utah

Degree in progress: Master's degree, Research Methods and Statistics

Previous degrees: Bachelor's degree, Psychology
    (with minors in Anthropology and Criminal Justice, Appalachian State University)

What inspired you to choose RMS as a field of study?

When seeking masters programs to apply to during my undergraduate degree, I wanted a program that would allow me to strengthen my background in research in behavioral studies. The RMS program at DU offered me that exact opportunity.

What are your research interests?

My research interests are in psychology and behavioral sciences, particularly in regard to psychopathology and affective disorders. RMS has allowed me to cater my course work around my own area of interest regarding mental health in the judicial system and offered me the tools necessary to explore this research outside of the classroom.

What are your professional and/or academic goals?

After graduating from DU, I would like to obtain my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and continue my exploration into psychopathy, utilizing the research skills I’ve gained from RMS.

Please list any professional activities/organizations that you are involved in.

I am a research assistant in the Family and Child Neuroscience lab and have begun working with faculty in other departments on some exciting future research topics and ideas. I am also a full-time employee at a local emergency veterinary hospital.

This portfolio last updated: 30-Jan-2023 4:33 PM