Citing in Turabian Author-Date Style
In the Turabian Manual, find specific examples for how to cite all kinds of sources in Chapters 18 and 19.
* How to create reference list entries and in-text citations for specific kinds of text
* Three principles for citing sources
* When to quote, paraphrase, or summarize
* What in-text (or parenthetical) citations should look like
* What the reference list should look like
* Verbs for introducing a quotation or paraphrase
* DU handout: Turabian 9th Edition Author-Date Style.docx
* Official Turabian Quick Guide (with CITATION EXAMPLES of all kinds)
* Official Turabian Tip Sheets (how to do different kinds of FORMATTING)
University College Guidelines for Using Turabian
If you are a University College student, download and keep the official University College Format and Style Requirements document.
Writing in Turabian Author-Date Style
* Core of an argument = claim + reasons + evidence
* Finding relevant and reliable sources
* Using the academic language of resaerch - how to position your idea
* Writing an introduction
* Writing a conclusion
* Five principles for clear sentences
The content displayed on this portfolio may not be accurate. Portfolio content is managed by individual users and is not property of the University of Denver.
This portfolio last updated: 08-Oct-2020 4:59 PM