Roger Salters Institute
I have been coordinating the Roger Salters Institute (RSI), a program of IRISE, since Fall of 2018. RSI is an identity support and writing skills development program for graduate students engaged in racial justice scholarship.
My contributions to the program include:
- Building an in-house advisory committee to provide ad-hoc mentorship to RSI participants and guide programming
- Developing a scaffolded skills development program for graduate students that includes writing, presentation, and networking skills
- Organizing special events and networking opportunities, as well as creating opportunities for graduate students to share their research
- Incorporating critical race and decolonial frameworks into programming
- Organizing writing groups, online writing challenges, accountability partners, and other tools to support student and faculty relationships and productivity
At the Summer 2019 RSi writing retreat.