Career Development at GSSW
The Student & Career Services Team is committed to supporting your professional development throughout your time at GSSW and beyond. We aim to help you articulate your skills, knowledge base, and experiences gained at GSSW to be well-rounded, competitive applicants in the social work job market.
This page is continually being added to. If you have any questions, please stop by either of our offices or send us an email! We'll be happy to chat.
What We Can Offer in 1:1 Appointments:
- Assess your skills, strengths, and interests
- Find jobs and organize your search to set you up for success
- Talk through internship application strategies
- Craft a resume and cover letter that stands out to social work employers
- Get tips on how to network and connect with GSSW alumni
- Learn how to prepare for interviews through a tailored mock interview
- Learn to use Linkedin and other online tools to build your personal brand OR receive feedback on how you can improve them
- Talk through and practice salary negotiation
- Gain insight on the licensure process
Schedule an Appointment with us!