Welcome to the Writing Center!
- Have an appointment? Click here to go to our Zoom waiting room and meet your consultant.
- Want to make an appointment? Log into du.mywconline.com.
- Need help or have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to talk to a live person? Try visiting the online Writing Center zoom room. If a consultant is available, they will admit you. If you aren't admitted within a minute, then all consultants are already in a session, and we ask you to email us instead.
Click here to enter the online Writing Center's waiting room.
For Spring 2020, we have moved all consultations and support online.
The University Writing Center works with all University of Denver students, staff, and faculty as part of the Writing Program's mission to create and sustain a robust culture of writing on the DU Campus.
We believe that all university writers—from first-year undergraduates to advanced doctoral students to faculty and staff—benefit from having conversations about their writing, and we are committed to holding those conversations online.
We offer online consultations in two formats:
- Zoom consultations involve live conversation, screen and document sharing, whiteboard, annotations, and chat. In a Zoom consultation, you can share your screen with your consultant to discuss your paper. You and your consultant will be able to make comments; share resources; use the whiteboard to set agendas and map out ideas; and share resources.
- WC Online consultations--our traditional platform--involve text-based chat or audio/video, text sharing, and resource sharing.
While we are online, our staff will be developing short webinars on a variety of writing topics and processes to support students, faculty, and staff. We'll post webinars on this ePortfolio site each week, so check back!
Video Intro to the Writing Center
To help students, staff, and faculty navigate our resources and learn to participate in online consultations, we've recorded a video introduction to who we are, what we offer, and how we can support you and your writing this spring.