Stay Connected While Social-Distancing
Resources for the Mind, Body and Spirit
To open, print and/or download the PDF click on the double arrows >> on the upper-right corner of the document.
On-Line Resources for Education and Enjoyment
- The National Gallery of Art. Browse their collections. https://www.nga.gov/collection.html
- Lakewood Arts Virtual Gallery! The Virtual Gallery gives everyone an opportunity to view the great art showing currently in the Acorn Gallery, Community Gallery and on the Presidents Wall.https://lakewoodarts.org/virtual-gallery
- The Metropolitan Opera (New York) offers FREE nightly opera streams.
- Melissa Etheridge is offering free Facebook Live sing-alongs at 4pm each day until April 7th. https://www.facebook.com/events/2532705093652193/
- Ken Burns epic documentary on Baseball is streaming for free on PBS. https://www.pbs.org/show/baseball/
- National Park Tours. Check out a virtual tour of Yellowstone National Park https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/virtualtours.htm
PODCASTS? A blend of radio and the ease of on demand entertainment…and there’s something for everyone!! Here’s just a few examples.
- Denver-centric. Denver Orbit is an “audio magazine” that features the stories and music of locals. DNVR Broncos Podcast is hosted by sports journalists with the latest from Broncos Country. You can also submit questions.
- Science. Some great ones include American Innovations, which recently did a whole series on the history of organ donation.
- History. Radiolab which includes an interesting series about how the Supreme Court got so supreme https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolabmoreperfect
The OLLI Membership/Tuition Fee is $130 per term (Fall, Winter, Spring). You may take classes at any of the OLLI at DU sites for the one fee. Please note that in addition there may be Materials Fees associated with certain classes (located in the course descriptions).
Click on the PDF document link below to learn about being an OLLI at DU member.
What are the benefits of membership with OLLI at DU?
- Participation in as many classes as desired at any of the OLLI at DU campuses – Boulder, Central, East, West, South & OLLI-On-Campus, space available
- Opportunity to participate in special presentations, Extracurricular learning, or WellAware classes and activities (some additional per class fees may apply)
- Special member pricing for various presentations and events such as the Summer Seminar series, OLLI sponsored trips, and other OLLI/DU sponsored retreats
- OLLI Newsletter (three editions per academic year)
- Notice of un-advertised DU events (many times at no cost because of DU affiliation)
- Invitations to annual social events
- Community discounts
- Ability to check out materials in the OLLI Library (located at the OLLI office, 2211 South Josephine St, Denver) for both personal and class use
Membership also includes some of the following University of Denver Benefits (see the Membership Cards and the DU Zone section for additional information):
- Student pricing for Colorado Symphony tickets
- DU Newman Center Presents Concerts – 20% discount
- The Enrichment Program – 20% discount (some restrictions)
- DU Athletics – 10% off athletic tickets
- DU Bookstore – Participate in “Pioneer Perks” program
- Opportunity for full-year membership to the Coors Fitness Center on the DU campus at the special OLLI price of $25 per month for unlimited use of facility.
- DU Library – OLLI members have extensive benefits at the DU library located at the Anderson Academic Commons. Take a look at the file below (by clicking on the image) for more information.
DU Library Benefits
Membership Cards and the DU Zone
Member Card Information
New OLLI members receive an OLLI at DU Membership card which offers a host of discounts from participating DU organizations and DU Zone businesses.
Replacement cards cost $25. OLLI Membership cards are ordered 10 days prior to the start of classes for each term (Fall, Winter, Spring). If a replacement card is requested prior to this 10 day cut-off period then it will be available for that term. If the request is made after the 10 day cut-off, it will be available at the beginning of the next term.
For more information on the DU Zone program and their offers, please click on the following link: DU Zone
In addition to the DU Zone link, the document below outlines more benefits that come with the membership card.
To read, download and/or print the document click on the double arrows >> in the upper right-hand corner of the document.