Office Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10:00-2:00
University College at the University of Denver
2211 South Josephine Street
Denver, CO 80208
Welcome to our All Inclusive
OLLI at DU Portfolio
Please use the tabs on the left to navigate our pages.
Each OLLI at DU site has its own tab where you will find exciting information about upcoming events and the OLLI Staff. If you wish to facilitate a class at a particular site, the information will be on their tab.
OLLI at DU
(Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Denver)
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Denver (OLLI at DU) is a membership program designed for adults 50 and over, who wish to pursue lifelong learning in a relaxed non-competitive atmosphere. There are no tests, grades, or academic requirements - only a desire to learn and a curious nature.
Thanks to the generosity of the The Bernard Osher Foundation, OLLI at DU joins a network of 124 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes across the United States that believes that the development and delivery of quality educational programs for 50+ adults is important for sustaining quality of life and healthy minds.
Learn more: www.osherfoundation.org
FAQs for OLLI at DU
How many terms? 3 terms: Fall, Winter and Spring
How long are courses? Courses run for 1-3 hours, once a week, for 1-8 weeks per term.
What happens between terms or during the summer? Special events such as Speaker Series may take place during or between terms, or on occasion in the summer. And when there is a pandemic many sites offer activities and field trips.
Who teaches the courses? Most are facilitated by OLLI members who may have a passion for or professional knowledge in the subjects they teach. Some are taught by retired faculty members, community and civic leaders and independent scholars. Others may take place at a museum, artist’s studio, or a theater where the resident professional teaches the course.
How much does it cost?
OLLI at DU offer four types of membership:
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (only available in the fall): The fee is $400 per year for unlimited in-person and online courses during the fall, winter and spring terms so long as space is available. The annual membership also includes registration for the four Fall Recess webinars and ten Summer Shorts webinars (currently $15/webinar), access to the new OLLI at DU recordings library, and discounts to local area restaurants, museums, and events.
- TERM MEMBERSHIP: The fee is $140 per term for unlimited courses (in-person and online) as long as space is available. Membership also includes discounts to local area restaurants, museums, and events.
- INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP: The fee is $50 which allows access to registration for one 8-week or less
course of the member’s choice. This is only available for first time OLLI at DU members. If you don’t have an OLLI at DU ProClass registration account, the system will know that you are new and allow you to register for one course.
- FACILITATOR MEMBERSHIP: OLLI at DU provides a free membership to those members who are facilitating a course during the term they are teaching.
Are there additional costs? Some courses may have an extra fee for required materials. Some courses recommend books to be used with the class. (see individual course information in the catalog for this)
What about homework? The beautiful part about lifeong learning is you can do as much or as little in each course. There are no grades. Many facilitators will send out readings or recommend a book to accompany their course. Some many even have you watch a video on your own.
REGISTRATION for WINTER TERM 2023
opened on Monday 11/14/22 at 7:00 am
Catalog was posted on this site on Friday, 11/11/22
IMPORTANT: New this term- Registration will be on a first come, first served basis
(the registration option will not show for courses which are filled to maximum capacity)
- SNEAK PREVIEW: 144 courses; 39 in-person courses at seven locations; 105 online courses via Zoom, 12 webinars
- Winter term begins on Monday, January 9, 2023 and ends the first week of March
- Join us for several Zoom events - New Member Welcome, Becoming an Online Class Assistant, or one of the many workshops on Facilitating for OLLI using Zoom.
- Thinking of facilitating for us? We are now accepting Spring Term 2023 proposals through the middle of December. Contact one of the Site Managers for more information.
During the pandemic we began offering courses online, using Zoom. Our online format became so popular that moving forward we have decided to continue to offer a robust online program in addition to our in-person courses.
We offer workshops on Zooming with OLLI for members who need more information about online learning.
Online courses are currently not recorded due to copyright and member/facilitator privacy issues. Online webinars which do not show member images, are recorded and will be available in our new OLLI at DU recordings library.
The catalog indicates whether a course will be offer In Person or Online. Your term or annual membership will cover both.
OLLI at DU Covid-19 Protocol
CURRICULUM CALENDAR FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2022-23
To open and/or download the file, click on the double arrow icon (>>) in the PDF viewer below. Or you can click on this PDF link:
Sign up for OLLI at DU Emails
Please Consider Donating to OLLI at DU and
Help Keep our Lifelong Learning Program Vibrant!
OLLI at DU provides a remarkable opportunity for active adults to gain new knowledge, learn a new skill, and meet other like-minded people. We have been described as a volunteer-driven organization and we are fortunate to have our members volunteer as facilitators, as class assistants and on committees.
Our membership fees only cover about 60% of our operating budget with the remaining coming from an endowment by the Osher Foundation and through donations. We rely on donations to help us continue to offer quality programs.
Please consider donating to OLLI at DU by:
- Donating at https://igfn.us/form/oho9YA
- Adding a donation when you register by using the "donate" button on the registration site OR
- Sending in a donation to our office: 2211 S. Josephine Street, Denver, CO 80208
If you wish to receive emails from a particular site in addition to the general correspondence from OLLI. Please navigate to the site's tab on the left and sign up at your site also.
Connect with us on Facebook- click below
Our Newest OLLI Site
Northwest Denver location at Regis University
OLLI at University of Denver - Regis UniversityWe welcome Marie Friedemann and Regis University as they join us as OLLI at DU - Regis University this fall. Regis becomes the 7th site in the OLLI at DU portfolio of front range locations. They will offer online and in person classes. CLICK HERE to see Regis In-Person location.Marie was most recently the Regis Director for Jesuit Worldwide Learning which provides online instruction for displaced individuals and refugees throughout the world. She has taught adults at Regis since 1994 and has also served as Associate Dean for the College of Professional Studies at Regis University.The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute program enables Regis to continue its 145-year-old tradition, offering noncredit courses for adults, and builds on their strong reputation in adult education since 1994. More information is available from Professor Marie Friedemann, Ph. D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.458.4312.You will find their course listings in the Fall Catalog available late summer on this site.