Leadership Award Nominations for 2022 are Now Open!
Each year individuals are honored for their outstanding achievements and contributions in our gifted community throughout Colorado.
Leadership Awards are presented in the following categories:
- George T. Betts Inspiration Award,
- Jacquelin Medina Visionary Leadership Award,
- Parent of the Year,
- Educator of the Year,
- Administrator of the Year,
- Special Advocate of the Year, and
- the Lifetime Achievement Award
each year at our CAGT annual conference.
If you would like to nominate someone for their extraordinary efforts in the field of gifted education, we are now accepting nominations for the 2022 conference.
Click here to learn more about award criteria and to create a nomination.
2022 Gifted Education Policy Symposium and Conference
There is still time to register for the virtual 2022 Gifted Education Policy Symposium and Conference: Reflecting on Giftedness, March 17-18, 2022, hosted by the Office of the Daniel L. Ritchie Endowed Chair in Gifted Education, Morgridge College of Education, University of Denver. Our flyer showing conference sessions and speakers is attached. Please share with anyone who might be interested in our virtual presentation.
Attendees will receive certificates for continuing education and registrants will receive recordings of sessions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a graduate student discount, sponsor the conference, or donate a book as a ‘door’ prize.
Our call for poster presentations also closes soon! Submit a .pdf of a new or previously-presented poster related to the conference theme Reflecting on Giftedness and participate in an optional Twitter Poster Presentation session on March 18, 4:55 – 5:30 pm MDT, using #2022GEPSC.
- 2022 GEPSC Info – https://bit.ly/2022GEPSCInfo
- Register - https://bit.ly/2022GEPSCRegister
- Call for Proposals – https://bit.ly/2022GEPSCPosterInfo
Only a Fraction of Eligible Households Signed up for Emergency Broadband Benefit Service
The federal government launched the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) in February 2021 to provide low-income households with a $50 monthly discount on their internet bill as part of a multi-pronged approach to reduce the digital divide, according to the report. Click here to access the report and details for discount on internet.
This resource blank is a work in progress. If you have recommended resources to share please contact: MCE.IREECCH@du.edu
5 education leaders are changing the world - World Savvy
International Education Week celebrates the benefits of cultural and academic exchange programs around the world. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education promotes how international education programs: Prepare Americans for a global environment. Invite the world’s future leaders to exchange ideas and experiences in the United States. Click to access the article
Very proud to have Dr. Khalifa serving on our Advisory Board!
Discount on new book:
Dr. Joy Lawson Davis's new book has been released and she encouraged me to share a discount code with my network.
- Use "EUGS" to order the book at this link: https://www.freespirit.com/teaching-strategies-and-professional-development/empowering-underrepresented-gifted-students-joy-lawson-davis-deb-douglas-educational-inequality
Rural Schools Collaborative:
- 2021-22 Celia B. Godsil Grants in Place Fellows Program
- This grant program provides grant awards to rural school teachers who engage their students in exemplary place-based learning.
- Learn how to apply at this link: https://ruralschoolscollaborative.org/stories/apply-today-to-be-a-2021-22-celia-b-godsil-grants-in-place-fellow
- Deadline October 15, 2021
Rural Teacher FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/163527814205184/permalink/893270321230926/
Rural K-12 educators and NASA aficionados out there! Sign up for our season finale of 3D Thursdays for rural educators on:
- May 6th at 7pm CT to chat with legendary NASA scientists Dr. James Green and Dr. Caitlin Ahrens to learn about their journeys from rural America to careers at NASA!
- This webinar is suitable for all grades K-12 and any educator/parent who wishes to support rural students in their STEM journeys to NASA!
Register here: https://forms.gle/8vD9GywnaeKUDYZY9
Gifted Identification Resources
Persistent Problem of Practice
Stories from the Field