In keeping with the mission for the Morgridge College of Education, we as students seek to be change agents who contribute to field of higher education and to the students we serve. By embodying the spirit of education and inclusive excellence, HESA works to provide meaningful experiences for all of our students in both the Masters and Doctoral programs.
We invite you to join us in creating positive and meaningful professional development, program socials, and community engagement opportunities, and we look forward to getting to know you throughout the upcoming school year!
2016-2017 HESA Leadership
The Higher Education Student Association (HESA) provides an educational, professional, and social base for students interested in the field of higher education. Activities of the organization encourage and enhance all facets of graduate student growth and development and provide an opportunity to engage in collegial and social relationships with faculty, peers, and experts in the field.
Our organizational goals for this year are designed to serve the needs of the Higher Education students at DU including:
- Partnering with faculty, staff, and students in order to deliver unique and meaningful services.
- Meeting the academic, professional, and personal development needs of Masters and Doctoral students.
- Acting as a liaison between students, faculty, and staff throughout the year.
- Building stronger bridges with the Morgridge College of Education (MCE), the College of Education Student Association (COESA), and the DU community.
Morgridge College of Education Mission & Vision
Mission: The Morgridge College of Education’s mission is to be a force for positive change in the lives of individuals, organizations and communities through unleashing the power of learning.
We accomplish our mission in four ways:
- Through preparing highly competent, socially responsible, ethical and caring professionals to promote learning in diverse settings
- Through actively reaching out beyond our College to engage in learning partnerships with others
- Through contributing high-quality research to our respective fields
- Through modeling excellence in all of our own educational programs
Vision: The Morgridge College of Education will be a global leader in innovative and effective approaches for promoting learning throughout the lifespan.
Transcending traditional ideas about education and schooling, we will embrace a new, comprehensive vision of learning as a lifelong activity that involves the whole person and can occur through a variety of methods, anywhere and at any time.
We will promote educational change and social equity and will provide leadership for the improvement of education, mental health and information services and systems.
HESA Officers 2015-2016
Advisor - Dr. Ryan Evely Gildersleeve
President - E Madarasz
Vice President - Jordan Grapentine
Communications Chair - Amy Wang
Professional Development Chair - Audrey Mooradian
Community Engagement Chair - Vanessa Vazquez
Doctoral Representatives- Jules Wienski
Masters Representatives - Guillermo Ramirez & Kelly Schlabach
HESA Meeting Minutes
2016-2017 Important Documents
Visit the University of Denver Morgridge College of Education Website for more information: http://morgridge.du.edu/programs/higher-education/