GEPSC 2023 Information
For GEPSC 2024 Information and Registration, please vist:
Information on the 2023 Marcia Gentry Influence Scholars
Recordings and Resources
Thursday, March 30th
Moderator: Dr. Ryan McClintock
Panelist: Halcyon Levi
Panlist: Ruby Pucillo
Panelist: Wohpé Bull Bear
Panelist: Aaron Makikallo
Moderator: Dr. Norma Hafenstein
Panlist: Dr. Karla Esser, a Colorado State Board of Education member representing the 7th Congressional District.
Panelist: Dr. Robin Greene, the Supervisor of Gifted Education for the Colorado Department of Education.
Panelist: Dr. Bernadine Futrell, the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Equity and Discretionary Grants and Support Services in the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Panelist: Molly A. Isaacs-Mcleod, JD, an attorney, mediator, and president of Gifted Unlimited, LLC.
Friday, March 31st
Dr. Rena Subotnik | Insider Knowledge Promotes Equity and High Performance in Talent Domains
Dr. Nielsen Pereira | Promoting Exellence and Equity through Talent Development Opportunities
Dr. Ann Robinson, Dr. Christine Deitz, Dr. Jennifer Hune | Teachers Count in The Classroom and in Policy: Developing Diverse Talents
Dr. Gil Whiting | Announcement of Marcia Gentry Influence Scholars
Dr. Paula Olszewski-Kubilus and Dr. James Moore | Palmarium Discussants
And a huge THANK YOU to the 2023 GEPSC Sponsors!
2023 GEPSC Door Prize Book Drawing Sponsors:
- Bright, Talented, and Black: A Guide for Families of Black Gifted Learners by Joy Lawson Davis
- From Socrates to Steam: Student Agency Fuels Potential by Connie Brown
- Serving the Needs of Your Smart Kids: How School Leaders Create a Supportive School Culture for the Advanced Learner, by Brenda Kay Small
- I Used to Be Gifted: Understanding, Nurturing, and Teaching Gifted Learners at Home and in the Classroom by Mark Hess
- Make a Great Day: Daily Thoughts for Children by Vanessa Ewing, Stacey Pendleton, and Gail Stine
- Este Soy Yo, This is Who I Am by Vanessa Ewing and Cecilia Quintantilla
- Accelerating Learning for All: Equity in Action by Rebecca McKinney