Graduation Application DeadlinesAll students must apply to be considered for graduation via PioneerWeb, as outlined in these step-by-step directions.IMPORTANT NOTE for DENVER CAMPUS PROGRAM: If you have a certificate, you must fill out two, seperate graduation applications: one for your MSW, and one for your certificate.
- Fall Quarter 2021: June 21, 2021***
- Winter Quarter 2022: September 20, 2021***
- Spring Quarter 2022: January 10, 2022
- Summer Quarter 2022: April 4, 2022
***If it is past the deadline, please apply via the Late Graduation Application, here.
For your reference, you can verify the status of your graduation application, as follows: login to PioneerWeb > click on the “Student” tab > click on "Student Profile." In your student profile, you will find a section entitled “Graduation Information,” which will list your graduation status and any active applications you may have. In the far left column, there is also a link entitled “View Application to Graduate” for additional information.
Looking for tools to plan out your schedule? See the Advising + Academic Planning tab
When will my degree post?
Your degree posts 4 to 6 weeks after grades post.
- Summer 2021: Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 10pm
- Fall 2021: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 10pm
- Winter 2022: Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 10pm
- Spring 2022: Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 10pm
You can verify your grades or whether your degree has posted via your unofficial transcripts (accessible in PioneerWeb/Student Profile) the day after grades are due. *If you do not see a grade posted, reach out to your instructor asap.*
Offical transcripts are ordered on line. here. Or you can follow this path via your PioneerWeb: MyWeb tab>Go to Self-Service button>Student>Student Records>Request Printed/Official Transcripts. OR Go to the 'Student' Tab, then 'Records/Requests', then 'Request Printed/Official' transcript.
Diplomas are mailed out during the below dates. You will receive a confirmation email from the DU Registrar.
- Spring Quarter 2021: August 2-6, 2021
- Summer Quarter 2021: October 18-22, 2021
- Fall Quarter 2021: January 18-21 2022
- Winter Quarter 2022: May 16-20, 2022
- Spring Quarter 2022: August 1-5, 2022
- Summer Quarter 2022: October 17-21, 2022
Diploma information and how to check the status of your diploma can be found here. If you never received your diploma and it is after the above dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your program, and your DU ID.
DU Commencement Ceremony
DU holds commecement ceremonies twice each year in June and August. Please visit DU's Commencement page for the following information:
- Ceremony Details
- Graduation Checklist
- Graduation Photos and Video
- What to do at Commencement
- Guest information
- Livestream information
- and more!
New! On behalf of GSSW, all Summer Quarter 2021 graduation candidates are cordially invited to join us for an informal celebration and virtual send-off. Following remarks from GSSW leadership, soon-to-be graduates will have an opportunity to share reflections as they begin a new chapter of their social work journey! Please RSVP no later than Wednesday, August 11, 2021 using the link sent to eligible graduation candidates previously. For questions, please contact GSSW.StudentServices@du.edu.
Please note that this gathering is separate and distinct from the DU Commencement ceremony that will be hosted by the University of Denver on Saturday, August 21, 2021.
Stay connected to the GSSW Community following graduation!
Meet employers actively looking to hire GSSW graduates at the GSSW Virtual Job Fair
This event occurs every year following the spring graduation. Annual information will be promoted in PCO & in the NAVIGATOR career newsletter. Registration is required & can be found in PCO or email by emailing email@example.com.
From Career Services to Alumni Engagement, our GSSW teams are here to support you as the next chapter of your journey begins!
- Important! GSSW Alumni Resource Guide (All Programs)
- New! What’s Next GSSW Grad? Hosted by Career Services & Alumni Engagement, this event recording is designed to answer your questions as you transition from student to graduate.
- Don't Forget! Even though you may plan to continue to use your DU email following graduation, we strongly recommend that you update your contact info and add an alternate email address to your PCO and PioneerWeb profiles, so we can keep in touch with you following graduation. If you need assistance, you are welcome to contact the DU IT helpdesk.
- Have questions? We invite you to contact us: