Want to get more involved within GSSW? Student Engagement encompasses student events, student communication and Denver Campus Student Organizations. Review the information below and please email GSSW.StudentEngage@du.edu if you have questions or would like to get involved!
NOTE: Phi Alpha is the only student organization not tied to Denver Campus; students in all four GSSW programs have the option to become eligible.
1. The Advocate: The Advovate is a student newsletter for Denver Campus. It is sent out every Tuesday during the academic year and once a month during the summer. Take some time to review it on a weekly basis to learn about programming, volunteer opportunities, Registrar deadlines and social events!
- If you are not getting The Advocate and would like to be added to the list, please complete this survey.
- If you have something to submit to be included in The Advocate, please complete this survey.
- Student communication, programming and updates will be send out fromGSSW.StudentEngage@du.edu. Feel free to contact us if you have questions, needs or suggestions!
3. Current Students Facebook Page
Click here to be directed to the Current Students Facebook Page. Students often share upcoming events, social work resources and helpful Q&A on this page. This is not an official platform of communication because we recognize not all students are on social media. This is an optional page for current student to join for connection and information.
4. Student Engagement Staff
- Jenna Sergio, Student Engagement Coordinator (Professional Staff)
Office: 184B, Right off the Margaret Page Library (working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am-4:30pm)
- Dylan Goldberg, Student Engagement Student Staff, GSSW.StudentEngage@du.edu
GSSW Student Engagement Events:
Summer 2022 Upcoming Events:
Summer GSSW Hike in Palmer Lake, CO
- When: July 29, 9am-Noon
- Where: Meet at Professor Tedeschi's House - exact address will be sent to those who RSVP. Plan for about 45-50 minutes of travel time from the DU area.
- Learn more about hike details and RSVP here
Virtual Jackbox Game Night - Open to GSSW Students Across Programs
- When: August 22, 4-5:30pm MST
- Where: Zoom - Register Here
- Yoga for the People: recurring Thursdays
- Yoga for the People is hosting weekly community yoga sessions on Thursday nights. This event allows you to participate in some relaxing movement while connecting with other community members. The weekly class will be held at the Evanston Center for Spiritual Wholeness and Healing. RSVP here!
Student Supports and Resources:
- Student Outreach & Support is a University resource where trained staff members ensure that students are connected to appropriate campus resources, have a plan of action to meet their goals, and learn how to navigate challenging situations. Activate these services by completing an SOS referral. The SOS team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 303-871-2400.
- DU Student Outreach and Support also administers the Student Assistance Fund, which provided limited financial assistance to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses because of temporary hardship related to an unexpected situation.
- All degree seeking students at DU have free, 24/7 access to tele-mental health support through DU’s My SSP: Student Support Program. To learn more and get started, please use these instructions to download the mobile app and/or use this link to access a complete video tutorial.
- GSSW Student Emergency Fund: eligibility requirement and application form accessible here:
- Additional COVID-19 Impact Resources, from DU Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence.
Student Study SpacesStudy Spaces Across Campus:1. Graduate Student Lounge in Community Commons (3800)2. Reserve a study room in Anderson Academic Commons