Post-Election 2020 Resources
Are you seeking opportunities to connect and be in community following the 2020 Elections? Are you curious to learn more about implications for social workers as your own professional journey evolves? Are you seeking support resources, or perhaps opportunites to process, be together in solidarity, or take action?
If so, we encourage you to consider participating in some or all of the optional student programming below. You’ll find a variety of learning and engagement opportunities, both within GSSW and at DU more broadly. You will also find opportunities to connect immediately following the election, toward the end of Fall Quarter 2020, and even during Winter Interterm 2020, should you wish to stay connected during the break. We will continue to compile events and resources in Winter Quarter 2021, so please check back often.
Please read on for details about upcoming events, and be sure to take note of the additional supports available to you at the end of the attached GSSW Event and Resource Guide, including:
- opportunities to lead A Community Table, with/for students (peer-to-peer);
- additional learning opportunities and resources;
- resources to navigate tough conversations with family and friend during election season/winter break;
- self-care resources and tips for election season; and
- DU/GSSW support resources and contact information for quick reference.