Student-to-student support group facilitated by COESA in support of BIPOC communities
For those who would like to engage with other members of the MCE Community in providing peer-to-peer support, processing current events, and/or just desire a space to be in community rather than alone right now, we want you to know about these organized meetups and conversations that have been planned across the College. These include program/department specific groupings, student affinity groups, and a special student-to-student only group organized by COESA.
On Thursday, April 29, 2021, from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. Mountain Time, please join members of the COESA Executive Board for the student-to-student conversation via Zoom.
If you have questions, comments, or would like to get more involved in anti-racist work, please contat Katie Golieb (Katie.Golieb@du.edu).
- MCE Affinity Groups:
- International Students Affinity Group, facilited by Dr. Duan Zhang (Duan.Zhang@du.edu)
- Neurodiverse Student Affinity Group, facilitated by Dr. Sage Rian (Sage.Rian@du.edu): weekly meetings via Zoom on Mondays from 5:00 – 6:00pm MT throughout the Spring Quarter.
- QT Spectrums: LGBTGEQIAP+ Student Affinity Group, facilitated by Dr. Stacy Pinto (Stacy.Pinto@du.edu)
- Students of Color Affinity Group, facilitated by Dr. Sarah Hurtado (Sarah.Hurtado@du.edu)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: MCE Support of BIPOC Communities: Please view links for opportunities for engagement and action related to diversity, equity, and inclusion facilitated by the Morgridge College of Education.
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX: Should you see any attempts to perpetuate physical or emotional violence, please report it to Campus Safety by calling 303-871-2334. You may also file a report through the Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX by using the report form.
- Health and Counseling Center: The Health & Counseling Center (HCC) provides many tele-medical and mental health services, including crisis and after-hours support. All University of Denver students have access to free crisis services at the HCC, regardless of insurance coverage (303-871-2205).
- Employee Assistance Program: SupportLinc is the University’s employee assistance program. DU employees and their family members can access counseling and receive professional referrals to other experts. Call 1-888-881-LINC (5462) or log in to the SupportLinc website with username: universityofdenver.
- Office of Student Outreach & Support: Student Outreach & Support is a University resource where trained staff members ensure that students are connected to appropriate campus resources, have a plan of action to meet their goals and learn how to navigate challenging situations. You can activate these services by completing an SOS Referral at sos.du.edu or by calling 303-871-2400.
- Cultural Center: The Cultural Center creates an environment where students of marginalized faiths and LGBTQ+ students can critically engage their historical legacies while enhancing their educational, intellectual and personal/professional interests as they relate to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic and cultural sensibilities, while providing a physical safe haven for respite and dialogue as they navigate their journey at DU.
- Office of Inclusion and Equity Education: Inclusion and Equity Education provides readymade workshops, including introduction to Inclusive Excellence, Responding to Microaggressions, Introduction to Dialogue Skills and Queer & Ally (Q&A) Trainings. These and custom sessions can be scheduled for classes, offices and organizations.
- Center for Advocacy, Prevention, and Empowerment: The Center for Advocacy, Prevention, and Empowerment (CAPE) supports survivor healing by providing advocacy and support for survivors of sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking and sexual harassment. A 24/7 counselor on call is available at 303 871-2205.
- My SSP: My Student Support Program (MySSP) offers free, 24/7 support to all DU students via app and website, including international student support counselors who speak a broad range of languages, understand your culture, and can help address the unique challenges you face when studying in another country.
- MCE Affinity Groups: