Hello! My name is Sarah Killion and I am a Visiting Assistant Professor of School Psychology in the Child, Family and School Psychology Program at the University of Denver. I am a two time graduate from the University of Denver’s Child, Family and School Psychology Program receiving my Ed.S. in 2009 and my Ph.D. in 2019. I previously worked as a School Psychologist in Denver Public Schools for 10+ years serving as the Special Education Chairperson, District Crisis Team Leader and MTSS Co-Facilitator for my E-8 building.
In addition, I have served as a supervisor for graduate students in the CFSP program and as a mentor for early career professionals through NASP. I have also presented my dissertation work at both state and national conferences, including CSSP and NASP. I am a contributor to the APA Psych Learning Curve blog as well as NASP’s Communique newsletter. I also manage the Facebook Group “Psyched and Socialized” – a resource bank of articles and tips for teachers, parents, administrators and others who would like access to information related to cognitive, academic, social/emotional and behavioral of students birth – 21. Please feel free to make a “Request To be Added” if you’re interested in joining the group - there is a link at the top of this page.
FInally, check out the other tabs at the top of the page to learn more!
- Graduate School: University of Denver, Denver, CO (Ph.D., School Psychology)
- Graduate School: University of Denver, Denver, CO (Ed.S., School Psychology)
- College: University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL (B.A., Psychology, Education)
- ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Executive Functioning
- Legal and Ethical Issues related to MTSS, Special Education and 504 Processes
- Universal Crisis Prevention, Intervention, Response, Recovery and School Safety
- Consultation and Collaborative Practices
- Mindfulness Practices
*If you would like to consult or collaborate on any projects, please reach out!*
- Drinking coffee
- Going to the dog park and doing anything outdoors with my husband, friends and Siberian Husky
- Cheering on my hometown and college sports teams!
Office: Morgridge College of Education, KRH 256
Fall 2019 Office Hours: Mondays 11:30am - 1:30pm or by appointment
Winter 2020 Office Hours: Thursdays 11:00am - 1:00pm or by appointment
Spring 2020 Office Hours: Thursdays 9:45am - 11:45am or by appointment