3+3 Dual Program at DU - Bachelor's + JD
The University of Denver offers a Six-Year Bachelor/JD program that allows qualified students to complete their Bachelor and JD degrees in six years instead of the regular seven. To view the detailed requirements of the dual program, please visit the Sturm College of Law admissions website.
REQUIREMENTS & TIMING:
- You must complete all requirements for your major and for the core curriculum by the end of your third (junior) year.
- Think of it this way: your fourth year of undergrad is entirely electives.
- Your fourth year of undergrad becomes your first year of law school.
- At the end of your 1L (first-year law) year you are awarded your Bachelors Degree from DU.
- You finish your JD in two additional years – 6 total.
- You take the LSAT the summer between your second and third year or early in your third year.
- You must score at least 1 point above the median LSAT for the most recent entering class at Denver Law.
- You need a GPA through the end of your third year .1 above the median for the most recent entering class at Denver Law.
- You must interview with and be accepted by the Denver Law Admissions Office