As a means of social justice, the Latina/o Graduate Association [LGA] at the University of Denver recognizes the need to unite the community of Latina/o graduate and professional students and commits to:
• Enrich the intellectual and social community for the Latina/o graduate and professional student.
• Advocate for Latina/o graduate and professional students, faculty and other members of the University of Denver community.
• Support University of Denver in the recruitment, retention, and successful completion of Latina/o graduate and professional students.
• Encourage Latina/o undergraduate and K-12 students to pursue higher education.
• Develop partnerships with interested stakeholders including but not limited to: faculty, staff, and other student and campus organizations at the University of Denver.
• Promote awareness of professional development and research opportunities to Latina/o graduate and professional students.
• Abide by University of Denver rules and regulations, State, and Federal Laws and follows local ordinances and regulations.
TBA (Coming Soon)
Please utilize the following link to sign-up for the LGA Listserv:
The 2015-2016 LGA Concilio
Concilio Statement: Bienvenidos! As the new Concilio for the Latina/o Graduate Association, welcome, and, for some, welcome back to the University of Denver.As a concilio we are committed to providing a space for our community to engage, connect, and thrive. As we prepare for the upcoming year we would like to extend a huge welcome and extend an invitation for you to join us. It is our hope that through your involvement with LGA you will find a sense of home on DU’s campus. Please be on the lookout for upcoming information on meetings and events.We can’t wait to meet you all,
The LGA Concilio
Directora de Navegacion/Navigation Chair:
Directora de Familia/Familia Chair:
Directora de Testimonio/Testimonio Chair:
Raisa Alvarado Uchima
Director de Comunicacion/Communications Chair
Directora de Finanzas/Finance Chair
Directora de Alcanze y Acceso Comunitario/Community Outreach and Access Chair:
This portfolio last updated: Feb 4, 2016 10:00:20 PM