2017 - present, PhD student and Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) at the Departmet of Geography and the Environment. The University of Denver (DU).
- Awards: Graduate Studies Doctoral Fellowship for the 2017-2018 academic year.
2016, Master of Arts (M.A.) in Geography. The National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City.
- Awards: Two-year “National Grant for Graduate Students” from the Mexican Federal Government.
- Thesis title: “Accessibility and Economic Development in the Montaña de Guerrero Region, 1990 to 2010.”
- Graduated with Honors.
2015, Visiting scholar at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNC Charlotte).
- Awards: Six-month grant for “Exchange Graduate Students”, from the Mexican Federal Government.
- Host Professor: Dr. Jean-Claude Thill.
- Host Department: Department of Geography and Earth Sciences.
- Courses audited: Geographic Information Science and Technology, and Quantitative Methods I: Basic Statistics and Probability.
2014, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Geography, the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City.
- Awards: Six-month “Thesis Grant for Outstanding Undergraduate Students”. One-year “Maria Teresa Gutiérrez de MacGregor Thesis Grant” and six-month “Introduction to Research Grant”, from the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Thesis title: “A Spatial Analysis of the Traffic Accidents in the México – Tijuana Highway Corridor in 2008”.
- Graduated with Honors: “Gabino Barreda Academic Merit Medal”, 2014 Class Valedictorian. UNAM, Mexico City.
Research assistant for the project “Neighborhoods interacting with nature to analyze their human wellbeing”, UNC Charlotte. May 2016.
- Collecting survey data.
- Computing survey data in Excel.
Private tutor, working with students aged 4-16, teaching: Geography, Mathematics, Spanish, Science and English. 2016 - 2017.
Volunteer at the Vocational Guidance Exhibition “Al Encuentro del Mañana”. UNAM, Mexico City. October 2016.
- Offering guidance about the Geography Undergraduate Program at UNAM.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Intern at the Geotechnology in Infrastructure, Transport and Sustainability Unit. UNAM, Mexico City. 2012 - 2014.
- Geocoding traffic accidents in GIS.
- Standardizing traffic accidents databases in Excel and SPSS.
- Transport Geography
- Urban Geography
- Accessibility and mobility issues
- Mixed methods
- Geographic Information Systems
Conferences and presentations
"Accessibility and socio-economic development in Mexico’s “Montaña de Guerrero” region: A critical evaluation". Presented at the 14th NECTAR International Conference: Transport in a networked society. Madrid, Spain. June, 2017.
“A Spatial Analysis of the Traffic Accidents in the México – Tijuana Highway Corridor in 2008”. Presented at the XXI National Geography Congress. Monterrey, Mexico. October, 2014.
“Urban Expansion and Sustainability Workshop”, UNAM, Mexico City. April, 2016.
“Update on Rural Roads Matters Workshop”, Mexican Association of Engineering of Terrestrial Routes, Mexico City. January, 2016.
“Intermodal Accessibility” Workshop, UNAM, Mexico City. January, 2016.
“R Data Management & Exploration with R Workshop”, UNC Charlotte. Sept. 2015.
“Quantitative Spatial Analysis with Geographic Information Systems Workshop”, UNAM, Mexico City. August, 2015.
“Database Management and Exploratory Data Analysis with SPSS Workshop”, UNAM, Mexico City. June, 2015.
“Geographic Metadata Workshop”, UNAM, Mexico City. August, 2014.
“Cartography and Cartographic Design Workshop”, UNAM, Mexico City. April, 2014.