I am a Clinical Associate Professor in the Teaching, Learning & Sciences (TLS) department which includes the Early Childhood Special Education and Child, Family & School Psychology programs. I have a Master's in Early Childhood Special Education from Southern Illinois University and received my PhD from the University of Denver in the Child, Family & School Psychology program.
I have served as a teacher, advocate, and interventionist for very young children with developmental delays and disabilities and their families across Colorado. I worked on the Early Childhood Team in the Lieutenant Governor’s office under Dr. Barbara O’Brien and worked for Head Start as the Disabilities and Mental Health Coordinator, Adams County Five Star Schools, Fisher Early Learning Center, and Denver Public Schools. I consult with school districts across Colorado and other states on the Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment and Intervention process. My research interests include families with children with neurodevelopmental disorders, assessments methods for young children, and working with families going through the early intervention/special education processes. I enjoy spending time with her family, traveling, reading, and watching old movies.
ECSE 2019 Graduating Cohort
Regular courses that I teach
- Early Childhood Development: Birth to 5 years
- Professional, Leadership & Ethical Issues in Special Education: Birth to 21
- Early Childhood Assessment: Birth to Five-Formal & Standardized
- Early Childhood Assessment: Birth to Five-Informal & Play-Based
- Infant & Family Interventions
- Preschool Interventions
- Foundations of Special Education: Inclusive Pedagogy for Students with Dis/abilites
- Early Childhood Practicum
Research projects that I coordinate
- Research Coordinator at DU: Cognitive Battery for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. NIH funded (IRB# 698133-5).
- Principal Investigator: Expressed Emotion of Parents of Children with Intellectual Disabilities. Flow-back Opportunity Grant, funded by the Morgridge College of Education, University of Denver (IRB# 794895-1).